Attention tea lovers!
National Tea Day is celebrated on the 21st April and it's time to get your favourite cuppa ready!
To help you explore the wonderful world of tea a selection of various teas will be found in the Maclay Common Room on the 21st April for you to sample. There will also be tea to try in the common areas of Student Apartments and Lister House.
Did you know:
- The United Kingdom drinks about 165 million cups of tea a day, or 62 billion cups per year.
- There are 6 basic categories of tea: 1) white, 2) yellow, 3) green, 4) oolong, 5) black, 6) and post-fermented.
- When tea is being poured in China, guests tap two or three fingers on the table three times to show gratitude to the server.
- All tea is made from the leaf of the plant Camellia sinensis. The specific types of tea are made by processing the tea leaves differently.
- A 2009 study by the Department of Human Biology, Nutrition and Toxicology Research Institute at Maastricht University in The Netherlands argues that the catechins in green tea help decrease body weight as well as maintaining body weight after weight loss.
- Read Next
- Become a Living Support Assistant for 2019-2020! Tips for Getting into a Good Sleep Routine 11 Study Tips to Start your Semester Right UofGLiving Wee Green Guides Fire Safety & How to Avoid False Fire Activations Cold Weather Hacks Register your bike with the police Your Room Contents Insurance Tell us about your accommodation experience and win great prizes!
- Cairncross House 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret 360 Degree Image Gallery Battling loneliness at university Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery