Become a Living Support Assistant!
We are recruiting Living Support Assistants to join our teams for the 2018-2019 academic session, with contracts beginning 1st September 2018.
What is a Living Support Assistant?
You may have seen some of the Living Support Assistants at the residences - they're the senior students in the blue Living Support hoodies and grey Living Support t-shirts.
Living Support Assistants (or LSAs) are senior undergraduate or postgraduate students, with previous experience of living in university accommodation, who live on-site and work alongside the Warden and Senior Living Support Assistants (SLSAs).
The main purposes of the LSA teams are:
- To provide advice and support for students living at university accommodation,
- To keep harmony within the residences, and encourage a responsible attitude in tenants so that all residents on site are able to enjoy peaceful use of their properties,
- To act as a link between students and more senior members of staff within the residences,
- To contribute to the organising and running of events within the residences in order to maximise the student experience.
What are the hours and benefits?
LSAs work on a rota basis, with the frequency of duties varying from site to site.
When an LSA is on shift, they typically spend an hour in the site office from 6-7pm, and are then 'on-call' from 7pm until the following morning. During this time LSAs must stay within their residence. Weekend duties vary from site to site.
LSAs are also expected to participate in regular staff meetings, trainings, and events.
Living Support Assistants are voluntary workers, but receive a rent rebate for their role. Being an LSA is a fantastic addition to your CV, and there is also scope for progression within the team. Being an LSA or SLSA is also HEAR accredited, which goes on your transcript.
Want to know more?
You can find out more here, or download our Role Description below. Any specific queries can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I apply?
To apply, simply download the application form below, and return it to:
Living Support Section, Student Support & Wellbeing, Level 2, Fraser Building, 65 Hillhead Street, Glasgow G12 8QF
Or send your application form by email to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Monday 6th August 2018.
- Read Next
- Events at UofG Accommodation 2018 / 2019 Applications Now Open! Let's start getting ready for uni! International students: What to bring to uni Maclay Residences weekly update Get your second year house SORTED! THE private accommodation moving in checklist
- Become a Living Support Assistant! Queen Margaret 360 Degree Image Gallery Events at UofG Accommodation Pre-order your food on campus with the FanGo App Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery