Bins and Recycling @ KHR
Not sure what recycling goes where?
General waste should be left at the Green bins located in bin stores.
Approximately one third of the general waste bin comprises food waste. This service will seek to remove this waste from the general waste bin.
Grey Bin - The following food waste will be collected;
- Dairy, Meat and bones, Fruit, Vegetables, Bread, cakes and pastries, Rice and pasta, Fish, Tea bags and coffee grounds.
- Remember to place these items into a food waste liner
Blue bin - You can recycle the following items:
- Mixed papers - newspapers, magazines, journals, junk mail, brochures, catalogues, directories, yellow pages, envelopes,
- Cardboard - cardboard boxes, card packaging ,
- Plastic bottles - milk bottles, drinks bottles, sauce bottles, shampoo bottles, cleaning product bottles
- Food and drink cans - steel cans, aluminium cans, food tins, empty aerosol cans
- Kelvinhaugh Street now has an additional 2 blue bins per block
Black (or Purple) bin - the following items can be placed within this bin:
- Wine Bottles, Beer bottles, Jam jars, Coffee jars, Sauce bottles
Placing items, other than those noted above, into the bins will adversely affect the quality of the material that is sent to the re-processing partners which can result in material not being recycled. The quality of items collected is as important as the quantity of items collected.
Tip place ALL recyclables loose in your bin, not in plastic bags! rinse bottles and cans and remove lids!
For further information on recycling in Glasgow check out the Council website.
- Read Next
- Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Recycling @ UofG Accommodation Important Safety Notice for Students Mackintosh Festival What's on - February Glasgow Festivals - February/March!
- Know Your Area: Student Apartments Review: Mono Café Bar Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Know Your Area: Murano Street Student Village Know Your Area: Queen Margaret and Lister House