There are bins and recycling facilities available on-site, so please use these and not public bins to dispose of waste.
Not sure what goes where?
- General waste should be left at the green bins located in bin stores. Razors, condoms and sanitary items should be wrapped and placed in the bin, not flushed down the toilet.
- Paper, plastic and cans can be recycled in the blue bins located in bin stores.
- Glass can be recycled in the glass bins located by the Central Services Building, between Block 8 & 12 and in the Winton Drive car park.
- A sharps box located at reception can be used for safe disposal of needles, syringes and scalpel blades.
Please make the most of these facilities but make sure you only recycle clean, dry, grease-free items and place everything in the appropriate containers.
When is the rubbish collected?
Rubbish is collected from the bin stores by Glasgow City Council on Thursdays, from 7am.
Recycling is currently collected on Mondays.
Recycling Do's and Dont's
- Card packaging / cardboard boxes / Yellow pages
- Catalogues / junk mail / magazines / newspapers / white envelopes
- Drink cans / food tins
- Plastic bottles
- Brown envelopes
- Carrier bags
- Cartons/ plastic good containers
- Glass bottles
- Tetra Paks
And here is one final tip, please place ALL recyclables loose in your bin, not in plastic bags! Also please rinse bottles and cans and remove lids!