Bins at Maclay
At Maclay Residences we have loads of different ways to recycle. BUT it seems like some of you are just chucking random things in the wrong bins!
Did you know that this cross contaminates the bin? This means that everyone else's effort at making a positive environmental impact has gone to waste! Poor show :(
As a wee reminder:
- The glass recycling bins are the small green lidded blue bins at the front of the site. Glass only, nothing else! No bin bags or food items!
- The food recycling bins are the small grey plastic bins at the front of the site and in each bin shed. Only food items in biodegradable plastic bags (available from any supermarket) should go in these bins.
- The paper/plastic recycling bins (the big blue metal bins) are at the front of the site. These are for recyclable cardboard, paper and plastic. Simply lift the flap, put your stuff in and that's it. If your items are too big, break them down into manageable pieces!
- All non recyclable items go in the big grey metal bins at each bin shed or at the front of the site.
- If a bin is full, use another one, please! :) Don't leave it on the ground. You made it that far...Let's do it right ;)
- Read Next
- Let's start getting ready for uni! Events at UofG Accommodation QMR Weekly Update 3rd August 2018
- 'Get Home Safe' Taxi Scheme The three apps you need if you're new to UofG Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret 360 Degree Image Gallery Cairncross House 360 Degree Image Gallery