...burnt down his halls of residence?!
Most of the time students get it right (you're a pretty clever lot) but here are a few important points to bear in mind to make sure you and the halls stay in one piece!
- CANDLES AND FAIRY LIGHTS -They might add 'atmosphere' to your bedroom but they can be a big fire risk. There's nothing particularly 'atmospheric' about a chargrilled bedroom!
- CHARGING YOUR PHONE OR LAPTOP - Keep it on your desk and avoid leaving it unattended. It might be rare but electrical items have been known to overheat and set a whole house on fire!
- TIDY ROOM - Not only does it look (and smell) slightly more inviting for other humans, it's also safer.
- DOOR - Keep your door clear, and don't prop it open with chairs, cones, inflatables or any other objects you may have 'acquired' during Freshers' Week.
- SMOKER? - Smoking is only allowed in certain areas, never inside.
- WINDOWS AND FANS - Make sure you use them for what they are meant for! You know the saying if it's not broke don't try and customise it or stop it from working!