Kelvinhaugh Residences Weekly Update (19 January)
Emergency light servicing
SPIE Scotshield will be carrying out emergency light servicing in both Kelvinhaugh Street and Kelvinhaugh Gate as per the below dates:
22/1/18 – KHG blocks 1,11,115,117 & 119.
23/1/18 – KHG blocks 3,5,7,9 & 15.
24/1/18 – KHS All blocks.
Access will be required to ALL communal areas of each block; this may also include the communal areas of the flats. This is in line with our HMO agreement.
Term 2 Flat Inspections
Please note that term 2 inspections have now started. Sanctuary Students staff will carry out inspections in KHS blocks 53 & 77 as per the below dates:
KHS block 53 – Tuesday 23 January 2018.
KHS block 77 – Thursday 25 January 2018.
Celebrating Robert Burns
Why not come along to Cairncross House Reception on Thursday 25th January where we will have some traditional Scottish treats on offer to celebrate Burns Day!
We are also organising a quiz on Robert Burns. So why not come along to Reception after brushing up on the man himself to test your knowledge? A £25 Amazon voucher is on offer!
Snow And Ice
Please ensure that you take care when outside. Ensure that you wear appropriate footwear and watch out for weather updates.
Grit Salt is located in the Large Yellow Containers located throughout site if a sudden frost occurs during the weekend or over the festive period.
Reporting a Repair
If you have any repairs you wish to report please inform the Kelvinhaugh Residences Office at Cairncross House.
- Phone: ext. 7000 (during office opening hours 8am-6pm)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via the Glasgow University website:
For Emergency repairs (including heating / hot water repairs) out with office hours: Duty Living Support Assistant:
Kelvinhaugh Street - 3020
Kelvinhaugh Gate - 7001
Cairncross House - 7000
- Read Next
- Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences KHR Weekly Update (16 February) Murano Street Weekly Update (14 February) Important Safety Notice for Students Food recycling bins @ Maclay Tips for staying warm Do you have any old Scottish £5 or £10 notes lurking around? Pull printing now at Maclay
- Review: Mono Café Bar Murano Street Weekly Update (14 February) Know Your Area: Student Apartments Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Know Your Area: Murano Street Student Village