KHR Weekly Update (9 February)
Term 2 inspections
Term 2 inspections have now started. Sanctuary Students staff will carry out inspections in KHG blocks 11, 1, 3, 117 week commencing 12 February 2018. An email will be sent to the respective blocks notifying what day the inspection will take place.
Please note that you can self report a problem to Circuit using the following link https://www.circuit.co.uk/machine-faults-and-breakdowns/
At Kelvinhaugh Gate the lock for the laundry door is currently broken and awaiting repair. The door has been left open to allow access to the laundry. Do not leave any valuables in laundry until repair has been completed.
Reporting a repair
If you have any repairs you wish to report please inform the Kelvinhaugh Residences Office at Cairncross House.
For Emergency repairs (including heating / hot water repairs) out with office hours: Duty Living Support Assistant:
- Kelvinhaugh Street ext. 3020
- Kelvinhaugh Gate ext. 7001
- Cairncross House ext. 7000
Please note that if any post/parcel is received at KHR Reception and the recipient stays at either Kelvinhaugh Street or Kelvinhaugh Gate the post/parcel will be returned to sender. We do not have the facilities to accept post/parcels from other sites. Please ensure that the correct address is put on the delivery note.
For Cairncross House residents please ensure that you have your full name and correct postal address on your delivery note.
Cairncross House Only
Fire alarm testing will take place at Cairncross House on Tuesday 13 February. Access to 50% of rooms will be required to test the smoke alarms, this will only take a couple of minutes in each room. You do not have to be present for this visit unless you wish as access will be arranged via Reception.
Kitchens - Cairncross House/Kelvinhaugh Gate
Housekeeping are coming across a lot of kitchens on cleaning day that have sinks full of dishes, worktops/tables not cleared and also rubbish not being taken out. Please ensure that sinks and surfaces are cleared on the allocated cleaning day and that rubbish is taken outside more regularly.
- Read Next
- Events at UofG Accommodation What's On Glasgow - August Mackintosh Festival How to Handle the Heat Let's start getting ready for uni! Pre-order your food on campus with the FanGo App QMR Weekly Update 3rd August 2018 2018 / 2019 Applications Now Open! World Photography Day 10 things that happen on every group holiday Hacks that could save you some serious cash
- The three apps you need if you're new to UofG Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery 'Get Home Safe' Taxi Scheme Queen Margaret 360 Degree Image Gallery Cairncross House 360 Degree Image Gallery