Kites at maclay
Hi Folks at Maclay,
with the weather getting warmer the reception has a great excuse for you to go the park and relax in between exams!
The reception has some kites you can use, especially as kite flying has a number of health benefits.
According to Dr. Jeannie Kenkare @ Physiciancareone.com:
"Kite flying is a great way to clear your mind, have fun, and has several health benefits.
- Eye stimulation – With our constant use of mobile phones and computer screens, our eyes can get tired and unfocused. Focusing on a distant object against a soothing blue sky can reduce eye strain caused by ever present technology.
- Neck/Shoulder Exercise – Sitting at a desk doesn’t promote good posture; flying a kite allows us to stretch our neck and shoulder muscles.
- Stress Reliever – Flying a kite is relaxing. When watching a kite drift across an open, blue sky, one focuses on the moment, not on the daily stresses of life.
- Connect to Nature – Being outdoors provides an opportunity to appreciate the natural beauty present in the sky and in surrounding landscapes that is sometimes taken for granted.
- Fresh Air – Filling your lungs with fresh air can revitalize and refresh."
All the best,