Laundry Repairs & Tips
An engineer attended an out of order washing machine at Student Apartments and found that the problem was two gym locker tokens stuck in the machine.
Gym locker tokens do not work in the machines so please don’t put them or anything except the correct money into the slots, it’s not just your clothes that need treated carefully- the machines do too!
Here are 5 laundry tips:
- The water in Glasgow is soft. This means it lathers easily so less detergent is needed. Save your money and use the right amount of detergent.
- Materials that are alike should be dried together for best efficiency.
- Pay attention to the maximum and minimum loading lines marked on the machines. Overloading the machines will lead to your clothes not being washed or dried properly and under loading is a waste of energy (and money!).
- Fresh clean sheets are a known mood booster!
- If any machine isn’t working properly report it as soon as possible so that it can be repaired quickly.
- Read Next
- Let's Do Laundry Thank you for the music but... UofGLiving Wee Green Guides What should I bring to Uni?! Tips for Getting into a Good Sleep Routine Fire Safety & How to Avoid False Fire Activations The stress of the move
- Are you flat hunting for second year? Cairncross House 360 Degree Image Gallery What's On - March Queen Margaret 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery