Chances are that you’ve recently arrived in Glasgow and you’re worried you’ve missed out on Freshers’ Week and all of the welcome activities… Well don’t worry, as GUSRC and The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club have teamed up to bring you a great line-up of events and content to help you meet new people and learn all about life here at UofG!
Who are we?
We’re the Students’ Representative Council, also known as GUSRC or just the SRC. We do lots of things, but basically we exist to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable University experience by providing support, representation, and engagement opportunities. We’re reaching out today to welcome you to the University and tell you a bit about some of the events and activities we’ve got on.
The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club is a haven on campus for those undertaking the quest for knowledge beyond undergraduate level. The club is a joint venture by the University’s hospitality services and GUSRC, aimed at offering a social, study and events space for the University’s burgeoning postgraduate community.
It offers a full coffee-shop experience during the day with an extensive lunch menu of freshly prepared foods, including paninis, soups and sandwiches as well as your favourite tray bakes. In pre-COVID times, the club would regularly put on social events and some of these will make a return in an online capacity as part of our November Newcomers line-up. Be sure to pop in for a coffee or tea should you be on campus.
Throughout November we’ll have free events listed on our Glasgow Student Events site which you can use to find what’s on, as well as register for tickets. To access the site head to https://glasgowstudent.native.fm
We’ll post any additional content on our social media pages so make sure to give these a follow to keep up to date with what’s on:
Glasgow Students’ Representative Council
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/glasgowuniversitysrc
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/gusrc
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/glasgowunisrc/
The Gilchrist Postgraduate Club
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheGilchristPostgraduateClub
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGilchristPG
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thegilchristpg/
Where can I learn more about the University and Glasgow?
The best way to learn more about Glasgow is to read our comprehensive student publication: The Guide. Put together by a team of past students, this 140-page book has everything you need to know about life at the University as well as within the city of Glasgow. You can access a free online copy here: bit.ly/TheGuide2020 or you can pick up a physical copy from the SRC Welcome Point.
On behalf of everyone here at the SRC we’d like to extend a warm welcome to you all and wish you best of luck with your new life in Glasgow and your studies here at the University.
- Read Next
- UofG Sport Outdoor Classes How to prepare for self-isolation 'Stand Up UofG' Comedy Contest Refuweegee Online Charity Gig Meet the Chancellor, Dame Katherine Grainger DBE TedxUofG Public Speaking & Performance Workshop Experiencing Scotland so far! GUSA Additional Activity Survey November Newcomers My top film and TV recommendations
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Know Your Area: Kelvinhaugh and Maclay Residences Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery Your Room Contents Insurance