The British Heart Foundation is a charity that funds research into improving treatment, diagnosis and prevention of cardiovascular disease.
Moving out? We have collection points at our residences where you can donate your unwanted items and help make a difference!
Many students have already done so! Here are the Stats:
- 1603 Bags donated city wide between 1st April and 31st September 2016: 629 from UofGlasgow
- Tonnage Diverted: Equivalent of 12.8 Tonnes of items diverted from the waste stream
- Value: Based on estimated £14 bag value the total raised for the British Heart Foundation was £22,442
This is how YOU can make a difference
- 10 bags could nurse a broken heart by funding a full day's BHF Heart Nursing care.
- 100 bags could Help find a cure by funding one of our young scientists for seven days.
- 1000 bags could Help 40 young heart patients to gain independence, new skills and confidence whilst meeting other young heart patients.