Walking Guide: Maclay Residences
Walk from Maclay Residences to University South Front
- Distance: 1 mile/1.5 km
- Steps: 2210
- Time: 23 min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 112 Cal
- From the exit of the residences turn left into Sandyford Sreet.
- Turn right into Gilbert Street.
- Cross over Yorkhill Street and walk up Haugh Road.
- Cross over Argyle Street and walk up Radnor Street.
- Cross over Sauchiehall Street and walk up Kelvin Way.
- You will cross the river Kelvin and pass the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues on the left hand side.
- Where a path leads into Kelvingrove Park at the left hand side there is also a footpath leading up the hill to the University. Climb up the stairs on this path to arrive at the James Watt South Building on the campus. Please note - the pedestrian gate is open from Monday-Friday, 6am to pm. Outwith these times access the campus via Pearce Lodge Gate or Main Gate from University Avenue.
- Turn left to walk along the South Front of the Gilbert Scott Building, the main building of the University.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- EVENT - MI5: Rogue Agent Escape Room Armins blog: Getting creative with your days Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (26 February) EVENT - Overleaf LaTeX Editor Workshop Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (24 February) Maclay Residences 360˚ Virtual Tour Queen Margaret Residence 360˚ Virtual Tour Murano Street 360˚ Virtual Tour Murano Street Book Club Who are the Living Support Team? - RECRUITING NOW
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Applications for 2021/2022 now open! Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery