Walk from Wolfson Hall to University Main Gate
- Distance: 3.2 miles/5.1 km
- Steps: about 7335
- Time: 1h 7min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 307 Cal
- Leave Garscube Estate through the pedestrian gate to the South of the Estate, turn right into Maryhill Road.
- Walk on Maryhill Road, passing Maryhill Station, under the Canal Bridge and Maryhill Shopping Centre.
- At corner Maryhill Road/Queen Margaret Drive/Bisland Drive, turn right into Queen Margaret Drive.
- Walk along Queen Margaret Drive, cross the river Kelvin and walk through the roundabout at the Botanics.
- Cross Great Western Road and walk up Byres Road, passing Hillhead Underground Station.
- At corner Byres Road/University Avenue turn left into University Avenue.
- Walk up University Avenue to the Main Gate on the right hand side.
Alternative route on the river
Kelvin Walkway is an enjoyable alternative to Maryhill Road. A path leads from the back of West of Scotland Science Park at Garscube Estate right down to the river. From there you can walk along the river up to the bridge into the Botanics.