'Get Home Safe' Taxi Scheme
If you have no money to get home safely at the end of a night out you can now use your student card as an emergency deposit with Glasgow Taxis.
In partnership with Glasgow Taxis, the SRC has implemented the safe taxi scheme. This is a safety initiative to ensure that even if you’re alone and have found yourself stuck on a night out with no money, you can still make it back home safely by using your student card as payment in emergency situations.
All it consists of are these three simple steps:
- Call 0141 429 7070, quoting ‘Get Home Safe’ and ‘GU1’. Always be sure to check that the registration on the cab matches the one you have received in your message from the taxi firm.
- Once you arrive home, sign the driver’s receipt and hand over your student card as payment.
- Wait 24 hours and come and collect your student card from the SRC Welcome Point and pay for your taxi fare.
Don’t worry if you haven’t got your student card — you can still use this scheme to get home. Ring 0141 429 7070, quoting ‘Get Home Safe’ and ‘GU1’ explaining that you have no student card and ask for the operator on the line to contact the University Gatehouse (0141 330 4282), who will then be able to confirm your student status. Once confirmed the taxi will be sent to pick you up.
- Read Next
- KHR Weekly Update (21 January) QMR Weekly Update (20 January) Living Support Days Out - 23 Jan National Museum of Scotland Harm-Less: Harm reduction campaign Maclay's Monthly Game Night Maclay's Monthly Movie Night Saved by the Fire Door Join the Young Persons’ Free Bus Travel Scheme Winter Walks in Glasgow Feeling homesick? You're not alone!
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Cold Weather Hacks Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery