Prevent blocked drains and protect our water cycle
No-one wants a blockage at their flat. It’s a nuisance for you and can cause damage to our environment. Here are some handy hints to keep everything working as it should.
In the kitchen:
- Do not pour fat, oil or grease down the plughole
- Remove leftover bits of food from plates and pots before washing
- You can flush toilet paper down the toilet in the UK.
- Items that should not be flushed include- wipes, sanitary items (tampons, towels etc.), cotton wool, cotton buds, nappies, condoms, bandages or contact lenses.
- Remove hair from the plughole after showering.
If there’s a blockage at your flat please report it as soon as possible so it can be repaired quickly. Remember you can do this online or by emailing or calling the office. Thanks for your help in keeping our water systems running smoothly!
Further advice can be found on the Scottish Water website.
Keep Nessie happy!
- Read Next
- Making a Prepayment Your guide to the Online Accommodation System UofG Sport Focus Group at Murano Street UofG Sport Outdoor Gym at Murano Street Mental Health Awareness Week 22 Mental Health Awareness Week - Online Study Sessions Mental Health Awareness Week - Wear It Green Run Mental Health Awareness Week - Necropolis Walking Tour Mental Health Awareness Week - Reach out to University Support Services Take a Tour around Glasgow Uni
- Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery Student Apartments Wolfson Hall 360 Degree Image Gallery Optify Internet Support Love your bike? Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street 360˚ Virtual Tour UofGLiving Applicant Newsletter