Unwanted fire alarm incidents - Did you know?
- A fire appliance is called out to an unwanted fire alarm every 19 minutes in Scotland
- The average cost to the fire service for each incident is £2000
Why is it dangerous?
- Fire crews need to be available for other emergencies and delays can endanger lives.
- Frequent fire alarm activations can cause complacency and mean that people react slower- putting them in danger in the case of a real fire.
- Unnecessary road risk- accidents can happen when travelling at high speed to attend a call-out.
Each time the fire service attend it increases the carbon footprint made by the fire engine
Please be aware and thank you for taking care not to set the fire alarm off
- Read Next
- Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (18 June) Maclay Residences FAQs Living Black at University - share your experience Queen Margaret Residences Weekly Update (24 May) Parking at Murano Street Who to contact if you're in distress Unwanted fire alarm incidents - Did you know? Do you feel safe on campus? Sanctuary Students' Recipes Vol.1 and Vol.2 UofG Sport Active Lifestyle Programme
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Applications for 2021/2022 now open! Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery