UofG Sport Active Lifestyle Programme
UofG Sport have launched their Active Lifestyle Wellbeing Programme offering six-week blocks of free 1-2-1 coaching sessions to introduce beginners to physical activity.
Why should I be more active?
Exercise / Physical Activity helps to keep our mind and bodies healthy. When we take part in some form
of activity, endorphins are released into our bodies; these are powerful chemicals in the brain that energise you and help you feel good
Regular activity is key to developing strength, coordination and body composition
Regular structured activity that you enjoy assists you achieving goals giving you a sense of purpose
Participating in physical activities offers many opportunities. It can be a great way to meet new people or it can give you the opportunity to find some quiet time out from everyday life
Leading an active life can help boost your self-esteem and improve your confidence. It can help you feel valued - and value yourself
Regular exercise can help boost the immune system and protect against many forms of disease (or at least lessen their impact)
What does the programme involve?
This is a six-week well-being programme introducing beginners to physical activity through 1-2-1 coaching sessions with Active Lifestyle Wellbeing coordinators, Sam and Jacqui. There is no cost for staff and students to apply and complete this programme.
There are limited spaces available on the
Wellbeing program, but should you be
invited for a further consultation, the Active
Lifestyles team will be in contact with
you via email to arrange a suitable date,
time, and venue to meet (following COVID
guidelines). If this is not possible, we will
set up an online or telephone consultation,
whatever suits you best. During this
consultation we will discuss the following:
- Exercise/physical activity history
- Personal goals
- Current challenges/barriers to exercise
- Guidance on how to stay active
- Agree weekly time slots for one to one sessions (6 x 30 minutes over a 6-week period) (Either in person or online via zoom)
How do I apply for the programme?
If you are are interested in applying please complete the online form at:
The form will be reviewed by a member of the Active Lifestyles team. You will recieve a response within five working days and may be invited for consultation.
For any further information about the programme or general enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Read Next
- Top Laundry Tips from Circuit Welcome to UofG Catering & Events! Your UofGLiving Bulletin (7 February 2024) The SRC Bookshop has gone digital! Meet your ResLife Student Support Officers! February Events at Wolfson February Events at QMR & Lister February Events at KHR February Events at Maclay February Events at Murano Street
- Registering with a doctor Student Apartments 360° Image Gallery Student Apartments Wolfson Hall 360° Image Gallery Your Optify Internet What should I bring to Uni?! E-inductions are now live! Kelvinhaugh Residences FAQs (Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Gate, Kelvinhaugh Street) Murano Street 360° Image Gallery Let's Do Laundry