Walking Guide: Cairncross House & Kelvinhaugh
Walk from Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Street & Kelvinhaugh Gate to University South Front
- Distance: 0.6-0.7 miles/1-1.2km
- Steps: 1450-1720
- Time: 15-18min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 78-88 Cal
- Depending on the students accommodation you leave from, turn right or left into Kelvinhaugh Street and walk up to Lymburn Street. Turn into Lymburn Street, heading North.
- At corner with Haugh Road, turn right into Haugh Road.
- Cross over Argyle Street and walk up Radnor Street.
- Cross over Sauchiehall Street and walk up Kelvin Way.
- You will cross the river Kelvin and pass the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues on the left hand side.
- Where a path leads into Kelvingrove Park at the left hand side there is also a footpath leading up the hill to the University. Climb up the stairs on this path to arrive at the James Watt South Building on the campus. Please note - the pedestrian gate is open from Monday-Friday, 6am to pm. Outwith these times access the campus via Pearce Lodge Gate or Main Gate from University Avenue.
- Turn left to walk along the South Front of the Gilbert Scott Building, the main building of the University.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- Making a Prepayment Your guide to the Online Accommodation System UofG Sport Focus Group at Murano Street UofG Sport Outdoor Gym at Murano Street Mental Health Awareness Week 22 Mental Health Awareness Week - Online Study Sessions Mental Health Awareness Week - Wear It Green Run Mental Health Awareness Week - Necropolis Walking Tour Mental Health Awareness Week - Reach out to University Support Services Take a Tour around Glasgow Uni
- Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery Student Apartments Wolfson Hall 360 Degree Image Gallery Optify Internet Support Love your bike? Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street 360˚ Virtual Tour UofGLiving Applicant Newsletter