Walking Guide: Cairncross House & Kelvinhaugh
Walk from Cairncross House, Kelvinhaugh Street & Kelvinhaugh Gate to University South Front
- Distance: 0.6-0.7 miles/1-1.2km
- Steps: 1450-1720
- Time: 15-18min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 78-88 Cal
- Depending on the students accommodation you leave from, turn right or left into Kelvinhaugh Street and walk up to Lymburn Street. Turn into Lymburn Street, heading North.
- At corner with Haugh Road, turn right into Haugh Road.
- Cross over Argyle Street and walk up Radnor Street.
- Cross over Sauchiehall Street and walk up Kelvin Way.
- You will cross the river Kelvin and pass the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues on the left hand side.
- Where a path leads into Kelvingrove Park at the left hand side there is also a footpath leading up the hill to the University. Climb up the stairs on this path to arrive at the James Watt South Building on the campus. Please note - the pedestrian gate is open from Monday-Friday, 6am to pm. Outwith these times access the campus via Pearce Lodge Gate or Main Gate from University Avenue.
- Turn left to walk along the South Front of the Gilbert Scott Building, the main building of the University.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- How I make my long distance relationship last Have you sorted your bills for next year? Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (22 May) How to make your loan go the extra mile Daily Walk Photo Competition Here For You At Halls Emergency Financial Support At home with UofG Sport! COVID-19 Catering Service Update Sticking To A Routine While At Home
- Are you being safe online? Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Where are the Student Support Services at the University of Glasgow? Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Applications for 2020/2021 now open! Murano Street Student Village