Walking Guide: Maclay Residences
Walk from Maclay Residences to University South Front
- Distance: 1 mile/1.5 km
- Steps: 2210
- Time: 23 min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 112 Cal
- From the exit of the residences turn left into Sandyford Sreet.
- Turn right into Gilbert Street.
- Cross over Yorkhill Street and walk up Haugh Road.
- Cross over Argyle Street and walk up Radnor Street.
- Cross over Sauchiehall Street and walk up Kelvin Way.
- You will cross the river Kelvin and pass the Lister and Lord Kelvin statues on the left hand side.
- Where a path leads into Kelvingrove Park at the left hand side there is also a footpath leading up the hill to the University. Climb up the stairs on this path to arrive at the James Watt South Building on the campus. Please note - the pedestrian gate is open from Monday-Friday, 6am to pm. Outwith these times access the campus via Pearce Lodge Gate or Main Gate from University Avenue.
- Turn left to walk along the South Front of the Gilbert Scott Building, the main building of the University.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (26 November) Wolfson Hall Table Tennis Tournament Maclay's Comedy Movie Night Eat, Drink, Relax it's the Weekend St Andrew's Day Quiz at QMR Maclay Residences Weekly Update (22 November) Catering News from Wolfson Hall Edinburgh Christmas Market Trips GSL Index Post-arrival survey now live! Maclay Monthly Games Night
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street Student Village Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery Your Room Contents Insurance