Walking Guide: Wolfson Hall
Walk from Wolfson Hall to University Main Gate
- Distance: 3.2 miles/5.1 km
- Steps: about 7335
- Time: 1h 7min (medium walking speed)
- Calories: Uses 307 Cal
- Leave Garscube Estate through the pedestrian gate to the South of the Estate, turn right into Maryhill Road.
- Walk on Maryhill Road, passing Maryhill Station, under the Canal Bridge and Maryhill Shopping Centre.
- At corner Maryhill Road/Queen Margaret Drive/Bisland Drive, turn right into Queen Margaret Drive.
- Walk along Queen Margaret Drive, cross the river Kelvin and walk through the roundabout at the Botanics.
- Cross Great Western Road and walk up Byres Road, passing Hillhead Underground Station.
- At corner Byres Road/University Avenue turn left into University Avenue.
- Walk up University Avenue to the Main Gate on the right hand side.
Alternative route on the river
Kelvin Walkway is an enjoyable alternative to Maryhill Road. A path leads from the back of West of Scotland Science Park at Garscube Estate right down to the river. From there you can walk along the river up to the bridge into the Botanics.
Download our Walking Guide
- Read Next
- Virtual Pub Quiz with Student Apartments Reflection Room at KHR Movie Meltdown at QMR: Spooky Season Maclay Monthly Games Night Student Apartments and Lister House Weekly Update (15 October) QMR Weekly Update (11 October) Mental Health Resources IRN-BRU Energy Maclay Residences Weekly Update - 15th October Eat, Drink, Relax Today at Wolfson Hall
- Maclay Residences 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Street 360 Degree Image Gallery Lister House 360 Degree Image Gallery Winton Drive Winton Drive 360 Degree Image Gallery Queen Margaret Residence 360 Degree Image Gallery Kelvinhaugh Gate 360 Degree Image Gallery Murano Street Student Village 10 ways to make halls feel like home Student Apartments 360 Degree Image Gallery